♥ Lind Legacy Ep. 1 ~ "Be more careful"

 
 
I’ve never been able to understand how people can just sit down and write, it’s such a pain for me. Here I am a self-proclaimed author and can’t even write an idea down on paper… Writer’s block is one thing but having to throw out my baby, Silvia, was a nightmare. She was running smoothly I still can’t grasp what went wrong.
When I sat down to Silvia I could just type away but now…? Then again I haven’t written anything since I was a teenager so I suppose getting back into the swing of things will be a little hard… There’s just something I can’t shake though… A feeling that I have something important to do…

Maybe if I have a look at the calen--

 "I'M LATE!!"

 I can’t believe I let myself forget about the appearance at the school! Now how am I going to get the teachers to take me seriously if I don’t show up on time!?

I noticed a very odd looking woman standing outside the front doors of the school and as we made eye contact she approached me.
 
"Miss Lind...?"


“…and that is why the children all left early. I’m terribly sorry that we couldn’t fit time in today for your appearance, Miss Lind, however we can reschedule for next Wednesday if you aren’t busy.”
“no…noimnotbusy” I murmured under my breath. I was concentrating so hard on trying not to laugh right in this poor woman’s face that I could hardly speak. She nodded at me and said goodbye as she turned to leave.
A smirk creeped along my face and I couldn’t help but celebrate. Of course I love my work but getting off being late that lightly? She practically apologised to me! Next Wednesday… I guess I’ll need to write that somewhere other than the calendar, somewhere I won’t forget…

I knew that if I had gone back home I wouldn’t get any work done, starring at blank walls has never really sparked my creativity. Instead I decided to walk to the local library and look for inspiration there.
I skimmed every bookshelf, surpassing many great pieces of literature but I was looking for only one book; “Twas a Sim’s wish”. I have read many articles praising this book and since I am on a student loan it isn’t easy to find the kind of money to buy it. It was released a few months back so the library should have it in stock now. Just as I was about to give up I had found it, in a small little bookcase pressed against a concrete wall. What a place to put a masterpiece, eh?
There was already a family reading at the table I usually favour so I decided to trek to the deserted upstairs and sat close to a computer. Since I had left my notepad back at home I would have to type up any initial ideas or notes I wanted to make. I would come back tomorrow with my notepad in hand to write it down.
For now I will enjoy the serenity that is the quietness of the library, maybe I’ll come up with something by the time I leave for home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up