♡ Homebound ~ Ep 1


I've never been a morning person.
 So waking at the crack of dawn was quite a challenge, with juggling trying to get my mind in the right place and the temptation of jumping back into bed. Through this battle I floated around the house performing my morning tasks without even realising it. 

I could feel the nerves creeping through the house as the clock ticked down. I know some people might find it strange but I reassured myself through the mirror and reasoned with my unsettled mind just to keep her in tow.

My little silent prayer always keeps my nerves at bay for a little while, just long enough for me to get things down then worry about it later. For the first time it felt stuffy in my sea-salted home, I had to get out.

My ankle length dress wouldn’t survive the trenches that is the city ground so I changed into something more suitable. The cool breeze was most certainly noticeable but thankfully was more comforting than it was overwhelming. I live on the paradise that is the beach frontier and the city center was just a walk away.
I had plenty of time before the interview so I let myself wander for a little while, my feet took me to the central park and I enjoyed the serene atmosphere of children playing with their puppies and the sweet smell of the flowers. It seemed like everything was fitting into place for today.

I waited eagerly outside the Theater for the interview, it was already a few minutes past 10am so they’ll call me in any minute but it was evidential that they were running late. Another forty minutes past and I was disheartened but I tried to reassure myself that they must be running late.
It was twenty minutes past eleven before they called me on my phone. I couldn’t hide my annoyance and might have sounded a little lacking in appreciation but wouldn’t everyone? I took a moment to calm myself down before making my way inside the Theater.



I thought the interview had gone well and now all I have to do is wait on a call-back. The problem is the interview was two weeks ago and I still haven’t heard anything back.
I am trying to stay hopeful but filling my days with mindless errands and staying indoors most of the time and still not getting a call from them is leaving me a bit disheartened. I knew that modelling was a hard industry to get into and there were a lot of girls there waiting for auditions but I never thought it would take this long.
I’m beginning to wonder whether I’ll get any word back at all…

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up